Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Last Blog

This was a first time internet assignment for me, and to be honest I really liked it and almost enjoyed it. Students from other writ classes said they hated Writ 101 because they had to write two-page papers every week. I felt like I lucked out! But I never felt like we were let off easy, or didn't have to do anything.

The blogging online really helped me with the papers the most. I liked how you would plan a blog that was related to our papers, and had a certain writing strategy we practiced and got used to that certain style. That really helped me have an idea of how to write our papers. The topics picked to write about were always interesting and fun to write about. I never felt the blogs were a drag, or just extra busy work. I think it really helped develop my writing for an audience. There were so many different types of blogs and different types of writing, it's actually a really cool assignment.

Not having to be in a rush before class and print out another writing assignment was really nice. I loved just being able to go online whenever, log on, write my post and be done. It was just quick, simple, easy, and to the point. I think its cool to have all of your writings in one spot and it's fun to look back and look at everything you've done. This is especially good for me because I'm very disorganized so it helped me keeping track of all my writings. It was neat being able to read everyone else's blogs, and see how different people write. Also, if i was confused I could just click on someone's blog to get an idea of how to do the assignment.

Overall I think the blog writings were a success, you did well Molly!! I think its a great thing to experiment, and you never know but some people could have found a new hobby by blogging. It's good to be introduced to new things, and broaden the horizon. I have never blogger before or had a type of assignment like this. I really liked it and think its a great tool for writing class. I may keep blogging, or I may not...you never know. But I'm glad I can say I tried blogging before and it was a great thing to learn!

1 comment:

  1. excellent reflections, Summer, thank you!

    I love your name, btw. Your parents are cool.

    ReplyDelete